Fuel Prices Are Updated Daily
Full service is available 0730-1730 daily. After-hours must be coordinated, call 361-790-0141
We accept the following credit cards:
AvFuel, Multi-Service, American Express, MasterCard, Visa, Discover, and AvCard
Based customers receive $.60/gal fuel discount
We are a CAA Preferred FBO since 2016
We routinely handle corporate traffic including Citation, Challenger, Gulf Stream, Leer and Embraer. Single point fueling available.
Luxurious overnight on-airport accommodations FREE with qualifying fuel purchase!
Late model courtesy vehicles available (Call to reserve, restrictions apply)
Lavatory services available
Ground Power Unit
Portable AC Unit
Well lighted ramp
No tie down fees, ramp fees, or landing fees. Ever.
Lots of complimentary services, comfortable places to relax, and free WiFi
All aviation oils in stock
A&P Mechanic services available. Call Wayne Sullivan at 361-463-1694
Ask to speak to Airport and FBO Manager Mike Geer if you need anything not listed.
Come see why we're the Friendliest Airport in Texas!
Weather: ASOS (361) 729-2372 and 119.275 Mhz.
Call Sign: RKP (U.S), KRKP (International)
Elevation: 24 feet MSL
Ramps and Storage: 30+ ramp tie down spaces. Limited hangar space for transient customers.
Operations: Aransas County Airport Services manages the airport, provides fuel, tie down and hangar storage.
Runways: 14/32 - 5610' x 100' asphalt
18/36 - 4499' X 100' asphalt
Free Late Model Crew Cars
On-Airport Overnight Accommodations with qualifying fuel purchase
The Aransas County Airport is located on SH 35 North, 4.5 miles from downtown Rockport and bordering Fulton. The Aransas County Airport (RKP) occupies over 600 acres, with access by paved roads on three sides and is ready for development with one of the highest elevations in the county. The airport operates two lighted runways, lighted taxiways and other facilities at the airport as well as future sites for development.
The longest runway at RKP(14-32), is 5,600 ft. long and 100 ft. wide and accommodates all aircraft up to 160,000 lbs dual tandem axles. The airport is an all-weather airport with multiple IFR approaches including GPS/LPV approaches to all Runways..
RKP Hangar Availability
Aransas County Airport lost almost all T hangars during Hurricane Harvey but Texans don’t stay down long. We are rebuilding! Ground Breaking on new T Hangar Nest will begin Week of October 7th 2019
Airfield Lighting has been restored! Please check current NOTAMs
View our slideshow for Progress Pictures of our New Hangars.
CAR RENTALS: CALL ENTERPRISE IN ADVANCE
RKP Car Rentals
You will be responsible for making arrangements to be picked up by Enterprise
Unfortunately we do not have plans to bring in another car rental company at this time
We have courtesy cars for loan but call ahead for availability and restrictions
RKP - Aransas County Airport
The airport operates two lighted runways, lighted taxiways and other facilities at the airport as well as future sites for development. The longest runway at RKP(14-32), is 5,600 ft. long and 100 ft. wide and accommodates all aircraft up to 160,000 lbs dual tandem axles. The airport is an all-weather airport with multiple published IFR approaches, including GPS/LPV published approaches to all Runway.
Chairman – Frank Shumate 361-729-7233
Mike Geer, Airport Manager
*The Aransas County Airport Advisory Board meets as needed.
*The meetings are open to the public.
*Agendas and minutes are posted at the Aransas County Courthouse and on the County Website
The History of our Airport
By resolution dated April 22, 1943 between the Civil Aeronautics Administration(CAA) and Aransas County, through the Commissioners’ court, it was agreed to build an airport for military purpose and public use. A total of 700 acres of land had been purchased for the airport and on October 21, 1943 the 700 acres was leased to the U.S. Navy for the duration of the national emergency, plus 6 months, for $1 per year.
The exclusive use of the airport facilities was retained by the Navy until March 9, 1948 when it reverted to the county.
On December 5, 1955, the County leased the north 214.8 acres to the U.S. Air Force. The 813th Aircraft Control and Warning Squadron dedicated this part of the airport, officially known as the Rockport Air Force Station, on May 16, 1959.
The facility was especially active during the Cuban Missile Crisis, because Russian supplied missiles were capable of reaching this coast. The Radar Station was deactivated in 1965 and the land was returned to the county. This land is now available for use as an Industrial Park.
Tel: 361-790-0141 | Fax: 361-790-0143
421 John D. Wendell Rd.
Rockport, Texas 78382
P.O. Box 1270
Rockport, Texas 78381
OVER 35 YEARS OF SERVICE!